In this tutorial, we are going to build something real beautiful python program. We’ll build an email account storage python program. So, the purpose of this python program is to learn about how to store emails, passwords, and account information using the Tkinter GUI.
Note: Just need to install a Python and Tkinter library on your computer (Download Python)
What this program does is that it will open up a window for you where you have to type the master password “graspcoding”. After, entering the correct master password it will bring you to the title window container where you can store all of your emails with associated names and passwords. However, one of the proud moments is that we have used hashing which is a simple encryption algorithm. For instance, we have used the “emails.txt” file to store all the encrypted names, emails, and passwords. As a result, no one will be able to read the plain text name, email, and associated password. It is necessary to add all mentioned labels in the window otherwise it will display a message like “Enter your name first”, “Enter your email first” and similarly ”enter your password first”. But, the interesting point is that you can delete any unwanted email with associated name and password.
Steps involved to run email account storage program
- 1. Install Python and Tkinter library
- 2.Within the root directory, there is the file named “main” which is used to store name, email, and password.
- 3. Within the root directory, there is the file named “emails” which is used to encrypt name, email, and password
- 4. Download the repository and unzip the file.
- 5. The final step is to run the python script named “main.py”